1.14.2009

.LUNCH.

I just ate lunch, and it was so delicious that I must blog about it right now. First of all, forget any preconceived notions you have about egg salad, because this is not just any old egg salad. What began as just a quick, something different for lunch, turned out to be just about the most delightful lunch I've had in a long time. Seriously, I wanted to lick the Tupperware. If there is one little trick I've learned about cooking this year, it's the importance of acids, especially to cut creamy or cheesy (or just plain bland), one dimensional flavors, and add something brilliant, and I really think the splash of lemon juice in this recipe makes all the difference. So here's my new favorite egg salad recipe (adapted from 101cookbooks.com--I added feta and garlic salt, and did not use chives)
SIMPLY DELICIOUS EGG SALAD (for one, Heidi has a larger recipe w/ 6 eggs, but I havn't tried that so I'll keep the proportions to what I used this morning)

2 hard boiled eggs (great tips for how to get this part right on 101cookbooks)
2 Tbs chopped celery (give or take)
1 Tbs crumbled feta cheese (also a deal maker)
1 (generous) Tbs mayo (or try plain yogurt)
1 Tbs lemon juice
1 dash garlic salt
1 dash black pepper

Break up the eggs, mix everything together in that order, and viola! I ate mine on rye crisps.  (I also want to try her curried egg salad recipe)


1 comment:

Britney said...

dinner= check! for the first time I have all the ingredients on hand. mmm