1.29.2009

Furloughing

I've had the week off work this week for a furlough, and I must admit, it's been glorious. I needed some time to relax, create, learn, process . . . We have some friends who live in North Georgia whose lives and friendship induce just that. So I spent 3 days with them--long mountain walks full of heart conversation; sitting at the school/meal table learning side-by-side; making crafts with 3 beautiful, growing girls; sipping coffee in the morning watching the mist over the mountains; learning to crochet; learning how to listen; sharing hearts, knowledge, ideas, questions. It was so good. Today I'm happy to be back with my best friend. Looking forward to friends coming to visit and reconnecting with my community here. 














2 comments:

Kelly Davis said...

Awesome pictures! Looks like a great break. We can't wait to see y'all again soon...

MaryEllen said...

Glad you had such a wonderful week off.. we all need time to unwind and relax. meme