2.10.2009

.Reflections on Birmingham.

Again with the apologies for not posting so much recently. I'm just going with the flow, and the blog flow as of late has been, well, a trickle. And like I said, I'm okay with that. I just hope you won't abandon me for neglect. I promise there are great things on the horizon.

Supplemented by the glorious weather this weekend, my thoughts and heart have been filled with awe and thanks for this place. Birmingham has contained such an unexpected wellspring of rich, fulfilling community; inspiring creativity; thought catalyzing continuing threads of conversation; hearty laughter. Our life is full. Full of life. Full of shared life. Full of friends who smell like home and feel like family. In a recent email my grandmother said, "Life is an adventure if we are just open to it." She is a wise, adventurous woman. I'm loving this gentle and graceful lesson that adventure does not only lie in far off places (far off places, daring sword-fights, a prince in disguise! *couldn't help it) or off-beat paths, but in simple life lived intertwined with the adventure that is relationship--with spouse, friends, church, community, Savior. Abundance is found in Him.







1 comment:

Sutton said...

Well if you like it all that much, it's yours.
But sir!
I insist!
Well, thank you! Thank you very much!

;)