8.11.2008

.day one.



As you might recall, we planted some tomatoes and herbs a few months back. We really just sort of hoped we could get by with the cheapest and easiest attempt, and we had never tried to grow anything before. The pots were too small, the soil wasn't the right pH balance, I put an egg in the bottom of the pots because I read something online; we didn't stake them right, and many times they've gotten so dry and thirsty that I thought they were lost. I didn't have too high hopes for the little guys. Now, our crop may be modest to say the least, but we're so excited. This morning I picked the first ripe one. It's about the size of a ping-pong ball. We haven't tasted it yet, but I predict it will taste like love. Yes, growth and the producing of fruit are pretty amazing and mysterious things. 

No comments: