9.30.2008

Home on the Plains


This weekend Keith and I went to visit my family at their new home in Wichita, Kansas. Visiting my family in a house that I've never been to, let alone lived in, in a state that I know nothing about was a weird experience. We miss them and it was so good to see them. They have a beautiful back yard, complete with a shaded patio/dining area, fountain, and pool, all beautifully landscaped. I'm happy that they have such a peaceful outdoor sanctuary. We took part in some Wichita cultural events including the annual chili cook-off and a collaboration between a great traditional Irish band and the Wichita symphony. We also walked each morning in a beautiful wildlife reserve. My dad seems happy, if not extremely busy in his new position; my sister is taking a few classes at Wichita State; and my mom is about to start a new job that will be great for her setting up a wound program at a home health care office. She's also volunteering at clinic. They still feel a little out-of-place and are anxious to know and be known, but they're trusting and looking forward to what God has for them there. Family, it was so good to be with you this weekend, though too short! We love you and we can't wait to see you again!Clouds from above always amaze me.

1 comment:

Steve Mac said...

Way too short - but we loved hanging out with you guys and can't wait to see you again. We love seeing how much fun you're having being married! We love you!
Mom & Dad