- On Friday evening, Keith and hit the ATL to hang out with two of my favorite Spaniards, Antonio and Angel, who are in the states for a few weeks, and a bunch of the other extrangeros who were in Spain with me. It was the first time I've seen a lot of them since Spain, and it was SO wonderful to be with them again. They took good care of me while I was in Spain, and it was great to be together again. And hilarious, because they are.
- We jetted it back to BHAM on Saturday morning because we hate to be away. I took a nap (we got to be around 2:00 the night before) and then went with Keith to play around with some of our friends. Somehow I got talked into playing in a game of 3 on 3 futbol (3 on 3 meaning me, and 5 very talented soccer players, 4 of them male). I havn't played soccer (not to mention any team sport) since middle school P.E. and I got schooled trying to cover Jamie, but it was actually pretty fun. My legs disagree today.
- Sometime during the day Jamie texted a bunch of us with a mysterious message of a secret gathering, which turned out to be a very fun, girls v. guys scavenger hunt around Birmingham. Highlights included Jamie getting a complete stranger to braid her hair, Cory and Kara attempting and failing 3 times to get into a UAB dorm room, and me asking for directions in Spanish. I hung my head out of Jamie's mini cooper and asked "Sabes donde esta el estarbooks?" People were so eagerly helpful and flabbergasted at how to give directions to a non-english speaker. It was hilarious, we did it three times just for the heck of it. And the weirdest thing is that they didn't question for a moment that we didn't speak a word of english. people are funny. Cory got a video, so maybe i'll post it. We also played rock.paper.scissors with a random guy in a the chevron who admitted that it was the highlight of his evening.
- Sunday afternoon Cory, Jamie, and I went to a "cut your own flowers farm," which ended up being a cool ladies yard with a few rows of flowers. It was really delightful though, and I shot some film which I will post later.
- And as always, church is one of my favorite parts of the week :)
Not that you are expected to be interested in a play by play of our weekend, but it was a particularly eventful one, so here it is: