Well, my fabulous friend Melissa tagged me in a little quirk listing thing. So here goes. I've had a pretty hard time thinking of 6 quirks...especially because hers were so weird and hilarious. It's kind of ridiculous how normal we seem to ourselves sometimes.
1.When I read National Geographic, I ALWAYS start at the back and read to the front.
2. I am about as far from a "type A" or perfectionist personality as they come. This fact is evidenced in that I am atrocious, I mean HORRIBLE, at wrapping and folding. I hardly ever wrap gifts with wrapping paper because it looks like a 3-year-old did it.
3. I really don't like ordering the same thing at a restaurant I frequent or watching movies and t.v. shows that I've already seen. There's too much out there for that.
4. I've gotten a little better about this lately, but my whole life I've been famous for not eating the last bite of my food. As a matter of fact, the last bite often really grosses me out. And my reasoning for this is that it has obviously become the last bite because I've already eaten all the acceptable ones.
5. I am allergic to pressure. Really. Last summer I started getting inexplicable, red, itchy splotches on my skin all the time. I started noticing a trend: on my shoulder after carrying my purse, on my collar bone after wearing a seatbelt, on my knee after crossing my legs...sure enough, I went to the dermatologist and told him my symptoms. He nodded knowingly, took my forearm in his hand and gently, but firmly, pressed his thumb into my skin for about 30 seconds and then watched as a hive formed in the shape of his thumb after about a minute.
6. I am fully convinced that I have levels of magnetic material in my body that break watches and give me a remarkable, innate sense of direction.
Not a quirk, but worth mentioning. I ran out of gas for the very first time this morning (disclaimer: I'm driving Keith's car these days, and he'll confirm that it has a quirky gage). My sweet husband came and rescued me. And bought me coffee. He's good to me :)
rules: link to the person who tagged you, post the rules on your blog, tell 6 quirks about yourself, tag 6 fellow bloggers, and comment on their blogs to alert them of their assignment.